I have not been very happy with the Weissbiers that I have made from all-grain, so I decided to make a quick malt extract batch as I have been successful with extract wheat beers before.
Unfortunately the fermentation stopped a little too early making the beer a little too sweet. I forgot to add yeast nutrient, so I suspect that that might have something to do with it. Another thing is that this beer was made in the middle of a (minor) heat wave, so the fermentation temperature fluctuated quite a bit. For this reason there is quite a bit of flavour. Doh.
The batch was brewed 2008-06-12.
25 liters. Extract, batch sparge
15 EBC (Amber)
3800g Wheat malt extract 55%, Brewferm
50g Saaz pellets, 2.0%, 45 min
20g Hallertauer Mittelfrüh pellets, 2.1%, 15 min
1 pack Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan yeast, 1.5 liter starter
OG: 1.055 FG: 1.015 abv: 5.2%
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment